Makes 20 prawns
1kg extra large green prawns (about 20), heads removed, peeled, deveined, tails intact
200g Antoniou Kataifi Pastry
100g butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Start the recipe by preheating your oven to 200 deg C and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
3. Place the kataifi pastry in a bowl and loosen until strands are separated.
4. Pour the butter over the kataifi, gently massaging into the pastry, ensuring all the strands are evenly coated.
5. Tear a small handful of kataifi, (approx. 10g) away from the bundle and lay in a long strip on the bench.
6. Dip a prawn into the egg mixture, then place at the base of the kataifi strip.
7. Proceed to roll the prawn away from you, wrapping the kataifi around tightly. 8. Repeat with the remaining prawns and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
9. Garnish with a sprinkling of parsley and fresh lemon wedges. Also try serving with a spicy mayo or chopped fresh coriander and freshly squeezed lime.
Kataifi prawns are just as delicious deep fried. Follow the same preparation method for the prawns, skipping steps 4 & 6, then simply deep-fry in any vegetable oil.